Monday, June 24, 2013

On the road in wine country: Sonoma, CA

We just toured a winery:  Alexander Valley Winery.  I'm hoping that I can still type straight!  I now know their schtick:  free flowing tastings, and then JOIN THE WINE CLUB!!  which we did!  Of course!

I feel a tad light headed, which is good because Ben has been screaming, screaming, screaming.

John just came out of a gourmet sandwich shop which is situated along this road.  Fru-Fru folks have walked out with turkey, provolone and chick pea sandwiches.  I've noticed alfalfa sprouts sprinkled along the walkway.  Brian is now passing out five dollar snickerdoodles...."Yes, John is with us!"

It's a rainy day here so we'll enjoy the sights from within the car.  Since we've got a five hour drive up to the Redwoods, that's okay.  Apparently, it only rains .8 inches in June---all of it while we'\re here!  Well, we packed rain coats for a reason.  Good thing we get to use them.

I'm sitting in the first row back seat, while Brian rides shot-gun.  His legs wouldn't fit between the backpacks, bins, and blankets.  Mine barely do.  

This is quite an adventure.  I'm ready for a nap!....or one of the bottles of wine I just bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment