Saturday, June 15, 2013

Spotify and Patriotic Tunes

Between Ben's nursery rhymes and Kirsten's Spotify play list, we've sung a few patriotic songs which have brought a few
tears to my eyes.

I eased down the driveway, with moist eyes hidden behind prescription sunglasses.  Would I ever see my home and husband again?  Would the dogs miss us much?  Would they even notice?  Would my gardenias  have spent their blooms before I returned? 

Along with trepidation, the excitement of our endeavor filled me with emotion.  I try not to dwell on the magnitude of our trip.  State by state, geographical features and local vegetation descriptions will fill  my children's journals.  At some point the van's wheels will roll up my driveway, having been guarded by angels over the course of thousands of miles...Will we be singing "The Wheels on the Bus" with Ben?  Will Dave Matthew's Band croon "American Baby" over the speakers?  Will tears be streaming down my face as the children belt out "God Bless America"? Time sings the songs it writes....

We're in God's hands, in God's Country, with a prayer in our hearts, and songs of praise on our lips!

....the land of the free, and the home of the brave....

And who's braver than 9 children traveling with their mom from sea to shining sea?!


No comments:

Post a Comment