Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day I, Friday

The girls and I started our day at mass praying for Nick 
Andrade, our dear friend who underwent a complicated surgery yesterday in NJ to splice his nerves together, potentially allowing him to breathe on his own without a ventilator.  Nick, who suffered a SCI in Sept after a diving accident, traveled within our hearts for the last 30 days.  We love Nick and miss him terribly!  

Wherever I went I thought, "Oh!  Nick can come here!"  or "This is wheel-chair accessible!"  Honestly, I appraised most of our venues with Nick in mind!  I saw Nick sitting, gazing across Lake Michigan, its breeze filling him with hope and life!  Nick will marvel at the immensity of Grand Canyon!  God's power and might, calling to him, "I'm with you!  I'm here in the depths of the Canyon.  A river flows through you, carving a new you!  You are beautiful as you become....trust in me!"  Nick we will trust in Him for you until the boulders in your life catch the rising waters.  Rapids form, challenging to traverse, yes, but we will paddle with you! You are loved!  I thought of Nick cringing at the acrid stench of sulphur at Yellowstone's Hot springs, just like we did! I saw him eating Chicago style pizza, and saying, "It's good, right?!"  Nick, I really missed you.  All of this traveling, and seeing, and receiving 
mean nothing, without loved ones at the road's end!  See you soon, my young friend!

After mass we returned stuff at South Park, where my adrenaline crashed.  I returned home and slept for 4 hours!  


At night I sorted gifts of the road, read a few thank you notes, ate peach pie, and headed to bed.  I dreamt of a clean van and laundry washed and folded, and put away!

......one can dream..........


actually we've made great progress!  until later



No comments:

Post a Comment