Saturday, July 6, 2013

Looking forward to Chicago!

I've been trying to plan our visit to Chicago now that I have continuous 4G.

We'll depart Harrington Beach SP, WI on Monday morning.  John catches a flight home from O'Hare around 6:30 PM.

I've book a room at the Hyatt (Downtown Chicago) for two nights....don't tell anyone we're sneaking in the "hungry masses, yearning to breathe free!"  I have been craving Chicago Pizza for months now, so that will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner! (We can vary the toppings!)  I've heard the slices are tremendous, so one pizza should last a day!

On Tuesday we'll survey the city, and possibly take a bus tour.
Wednesday I'm taking my kids to the internationally acclaimed Museum of Science and Industry.  My dad used to rave about it when I lived in Columbus. OH.  It is the prototype for all museums in its category.  Columbus had COSI, Charlotte has discovery place (lower case letters used intentionally).

I even bought a membership!!
-------------------
Ick!!!! the stench has reappeared. WE;re looking for the manure farm!!!  John turns off the ventilation system.  NASTY!!  We are NOT farm people.
--------------------------------------

I plan on spending 4 hours or so there, definitely a short shrift to this experience, however, that is the best we can do.  And that attitude allows for many opportunities.  I'll head directly for home after the museum.  It's a two day drive.  I have reservations at a campground in KY, but I don't know if we'll make it there, for starters.  Second, it could be pouring: 60% chance.  Third:  I'm sick of camping! (Mainly it's the set up and break-down that gets me!! I'd rather spend an extra 3 hours in Chicago!
Ick, agian!  30 minutes later and the stench has returned!

No comments:

Post a Comment