Thursday, July 11, 2013

Poor Benny!

Trip's end....the Little Guy has been a trooper!  Late nights, early mornings, time changes, different floors as mattresses!  The only constant, has been US!  And that's the best thing!

Last night's sleep would've been better, had one of my mechanical genious' been able to set the A/C correctly.  Instead I spent the night sweating and dreaming of scrubbing Cheap Kentucky Motel down the drain.  I did shower first thing too....my skin ran yellow from stale cigarette smoke...although this place is smoke free now, decades and centuries of smoking never vacate sheet rock pores!

Last night Brian said, "What is this, the 70s, as we left Waffle House with it's smoking section in the far corner.  Only a few tendrils, accidentally reached our smoke sensitive nostrils.

We're heading down the highway, straight through Gafney where we'll get the BEST ice cream in the world from Strawberry Hill...if you're good!!!

I'll finish out the trip blog later...reflections and all...


...like what I'll miss most: Hotel Wattles andS'mores 
and what I'll miss least"    Hotels and camping

ah!!!! the paradoxes of life....

until later...



No comments:

Post a Comment