Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sorry Wisconsin!

No scenic route today!  At 7000 miles traveled, we've seen quite a few scenes, or is it vistas?

We're goal oriented:  Lake Michigan, here we come!!!
........oh!  with a pit stop at Sam's in Milwaukee!

As we drive across the state, eastward, the terrain flattens out.  I had considered taking up a tad on State Highways, but none of us wants to set up camp:  tent, food preparation, etc...in the dark.

Everybody is zoning out on electronics or books, except for a tired John!  Kirsten continues reading a book about Crazy Horse.  Rebekah sits beside me turning the pages of a book I purchased from the $1.00 rack at Barnes and Nobles:  City of Veils.  I thought it looked good.  And for a buck????...  Johnny finished The Book Thief in a day, and now sits in the waaaaaay back reading something I bought at Mt Rushmore.  Ben sits strapped within his carseat, mesmerized by The Little Mermaid on the DVD, nothing moving but his eyes-- blinking.  I turn around again and notice the closed  DVD player pressed against his  left ear.  I suppose the music still plays when it's closed. He's smiling his beautiful smile, eyes lit!   Pretty soon he'll either have figured out how it opens, say, "Kirsten will you open it?", or begin to wail....

Lydia helps him out.  Now he's calling, "Barney teach him how to share!"  I guess another movie plays!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment