Friday, July 5, 2013

RIP brave men of Prescott, AZ

I just posted this on Facebook.  I feel helpless and sad at the loss....please pray for the families and the soul's of the men who perished; and, for the surviving fighter.

PS.  I blogged that a horrible wind storm, but not much rain swirled around us last night at 
Keyhole SP, WY.  What I haven't written yet is that John awoke to see a bright light outside our tent.  In the--otherwise--pitch black, we unzipped the tent and saw our DOUSED fire licking the rain drops splattering it!  Fortunately the fire was in a pit, and we had cleared the dry pine needles away from it, but I can totally envision how major fires can start!  

John poured more water on it, and stamped it out this time!  

I have only experienced one other storm like this, in New Hampshire, while camping 18 years ago.  I'll bet the wind speed was gusting up to 4-50 mph!  John said that at the first sound of a tree branch cracking, for we were under pine trees, we'd all be high-tailing it up to the van.

BTW:  Brian slept through all the action.

Again:  RIP brave men.  And I'm sorry for your loss, survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment